Reasons Why You Should Switch To Whole Grains
Whole grains are unprocessed type of cereal. It provides the body with essential nutrients like protein, dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium and B vitamins. Also it is a good source of antioxidants; examples are wheat, oat, barley, rye, bulgur, triticale, sorghum, and buckwheat.
Reasons Why You Should Switch to Whole Grains
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps flush toxins from the body
- Reduce the risk of having stroke
- Reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Promotes healthy digestive system
- Promotes better weight maintenance
- Reduce the risk of asthma
- Lowers risk of colorectal cancer
- Regulates blood pressure
- Less gum disease and tooth loss
Eating whole grains feels rough and may taste bland, it seems that eating this kind of food is not appetizing at all. But there are ways on how to incorporate whole grains into your favorite recipes.
Here are Some Ways on How to Incorporate Whole Grains in your Meals:
- Use whole wheat flour instead of refined white flour in your recipes for cookies, muffins, breads, and pancakes.
- Add uncooked or dry oats to ground meat when you make burger patties, meatballs and meat loaf.
- Use whole grain pasta when cooking your favorite pasta dish.
- Use whole grain or whole wheat bread when making sandwiches or wraps.
- Replace white rice with brown rice.
Maximize the health benefits of eating whole grains by consuming at least 2-3 servings daily.
Whole grains have all its edible parts intact; it means that it consists of the bran, endosperm and germ. These components are beneficial to the body especially to those who are aiming to lose weight because they are low in fat and rich in dietary fiber that can give a longer feeling of satiety and would prevent one from overeating. If you want to achieve wellness and lead a healthy life, switching to whole grains is the answer!