Healthy Snacks for Traveling
Top 10 Healthy Snacks you can bring along with you when Traveling
Everyone loves to travel once in a while. Road trips are extremely fun especially when you are with close friends or family. Most people plan their trip ahead of time, so it is also best to pack your car with healthy snacks just in case you feel hungry along the way. Although a bag of chips may be convenient, it is not the healthiest choice. Whether you are traveling alone or with your friends and family, you might want to know what healthy snacks you can bring with you. We have listed our top 10 favorite healthy snacks that are perfect for traveling.
- Cherry tomatoes – ripe cherry tomatoes are good to have you just simply pop them into your mouth for a quick snack. It leaves no mess and it is a grab and go treat! Not to mention, it is very healthy since it contain high amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Berries like blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries make a perfect snack when you want something sweet and tangy fruity treat.
- Air-popped popcorn. It is very easy to prepare and has very low in calories.
- Cottage cheese or cheese string is much better than a bag of Cheetos. Cheese is a good source of protein and pairs well with fruits.
- Yogurt topped with crushed granola or cereal. It makes a healthy snack because it contains good amounts of calcium and will surely energize you.
- Wheat crackers with low fat cheese. Place them in a plastic bag for easy access.
- Low Calorie, High-Fiber Pretzels. Way better than a bag of potato chips
- Whole grain muffins made with any kind of vegetable such as pumpkin or zucchini.
- Homemade fruit mix or dried fruits. You can choose a wide variety of mixes and combination with this one!
- Mini whole wheat pita sandwiches with hummus. It is loaded with healthy carbs and protein which can make you feel full until you have reached your destination.
Whether you are alone or with some friends during your travel, these healthy snacks will be the best choice to have. Eat them in the car, bus, train or in the plane; surely you will never get enough of the good stuff!