Fiber Rich Snacks for Weight Loss
How do Fiber rich Snacks help you in losing weight?
Fiber also known as roughage, is the indigestible part of food. It is important for keeping your heart healthy, promotes good digestion and even helps you lose weight. Fiber helps in the absorption of vitamins and minerals. It gives longer period of satiety, meaning the feeling of easily getting full after meal that sustains you until the next meal. Fiber acts as broom that flushes out unwanted fats and other wastes that are might be present in the gut.
Here are some of the fiber rich foods that are ideal for snacks:
- Fresh Fruits (e.g. dates, apple, orange, grapes, pineapple, pears and papaya)
- Berries (e.g. raspberry, blueberry and strawberry)
- Dried Plums also known as Prunes and other Dried Fruits (e.g. apricots, raisins, cherries)
- Nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts and pistachios)
- Bran, Oats, Wheat (e.g. oat cookies, granola bars and wheat bread)
- Roots and Tubers (e.g. sweet potato and potato with skin)
- Corn and Dry Cereals
- Crispy Vegetable Sticks with low-fat or fat free Dip
How to incorporate fiber rich snacks in you daily diet?
- Always have fruits and vegetables ready to grab for snacks.
- If you’re a busy type of person, think ahead! Plan your healthy snacks for the entire week.
- Always keep fiber-rich snacks in your office drawer like granola bars, dried fruits and nuts so you will not be tempted to buy unhealthy snack items in the cafeteria or convenience store.
Healthy snacks are very important if you are aiming to lose weight or if you simply want to maintain healthy body weight. It helps keep your metabolism going and can prevent you from over eating on your next meal.
By choosing fiber rich snacks over chips and other high calorie snack items you can be sure that you will get most of the nutrients that your body needs without compromising you health.
Treat yourself with the right choice: A Fiber-rich snack is the healthy choice!